Adoption Assistance Application
Please read the Adoption Assistance Guidelines thoroughly before completing this application.
- At the time of application submission, the child must already be born.
- Every question must be answered for the application to be complete.
- Applications are accepted any time and are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
The Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan has established an Adoption Assistance Fund for DSAWM members who are planning to adopt an individual with Down syndrome. The intent of this money is to help families pay for court fees associated with adopting a child. Payment will be made directly to the adoptive parent(s) at the conclusion of the adoption process. Assistance of up to $1,500 per family may be approved.
To qualify for funding, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Live in the DSAWM service area
- Be a current year voting member
Please complete and submit the form below to apply. If you have questions, contact us at 616-956-3488 or email@example.com.
Applications can also be submitted through the mail to:
Attn: Financial Assistance Committee
160 68th St. SW, Suite 110
Grand Rapids, MI 49548