75-minute time slots 8:30am-4:50pm
The Point Community Center
Join us June 19-23 iCan Bike Camp, a week-long program in partnership with iCan Shine that teaches children with disabilities how to ride a two-wheeled bicycle. The camp is offered every summer to DSAWM members and West Michigan children with disabilities.
Registration will be open to members first starting on February 20, 2023 at 12:00pm.
Due to limited space, registration is reserved for active DSAWM members first, with priority for first-time participants. Participation is guaranteed for the first 35 registrants. Non-members with disabilities will be filled into any open spots on a first come, first served basis after one week of opening registration to members.
iCan Bike Camp is one of our most time consuming and volunteer intensive programs of the year. Because of this, and because space is so limited, it’s important that all riders commit to attending all 5 days of camp. Please note there is a cost for all participants this year and requirements that each rider must meet.
- First-time riders (active DSAWM member) – $25 deposit that will be returned when the rider completes camp
- Returning riders (active DSAWM member) – $100 (nonrefundable)
- Non-member riders – $200 (nonrefundable)
Scholarships are available to families who demonstrate need. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship.
Requirements for Participation (rider must meet all of below criteria):
- Minimum age – 8 years old
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Have a disability
- Able to attend camp all 5 days
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Maximum weight 220 lbs.
- Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Minimum inseam of 20” (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)
If you are interested in volunteering, you can register HERE!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for the Kalamazoo Bike Camp, please email email@example.com.